Privacy and cookies policy
Version 7. Date: October 05, 2020
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (hereinafter, the “Policy”) describes the type of information ElParking USA Inc. (“ElParking”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) collects from you and how it is processed, used and shared. This Policy applies to users of the website [www.elparking.com/us], content, products, ElParking’ applications, and the services and features by ElParking (hereinafter, collectively, “the Services”). You may contact us regarding this Policy at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The terms governing your use of our Services in the United States are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use. Please also review these Terms and Conditions of Use, which establish the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the mobile applications (the “Applications”) and website www.elparking.com /us (the “Site”). From time to time, we may develop and offer new or additional Services. If the introduction of these new or additional Services results in any change to the way we collect or process your information, we may provide you with more information and additional or different terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new, additional, or different Services, they will be subject to this Policy. Alternatively, if you do not agree with this Policy, including the type of data we collect, our data processing, or how we use the data, we urge you to leave our Site and Applications immediately. Your acceptance of this Privacy or your continued use of the Services after your review of this Policy, constitutes your unequivocal consent to the collection, processing, manipulation, storage, and use of your information by ElParking as provided herein.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT
ElParking collects and process the following information:
- (a) Personal Information: Information you provide to open an account with ElParking: we collect information when you open or update your account with ElParking. To open an account, ElParking requires you to submit certain personal information, including your name and email address.
- (b) Other information you may be required to provide to use the Services: we may collect additional information to enable you to use to use the services offered by ElParking such as your credit card information, make and model of your car, license plate, and full address.
- (c) Device information: we may collect specific information about you’re the device you use to access the Applications (“Device”) (such as your hardware model, operating system, device settings, unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number if you wish to include.
- (d) If you permit the Applications to access location services through the permission system used by your Device operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your Device when the Applications are running in the foreground or background. We may also: derive your approximate location from your IP address; obtain locale preferences; obtain application activity such as upload, download, installation, uninstallation, start, play duration, stop, crashes, network activity and resource consumption; collect date and time stamps associated with transactions; collect system configuration information, metadata concerning your applications; and other interactions with the Applications.
- (e) Log Information. We may automatically record or log information from your Device, including information that your Device sends whenever you are using it: the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; Device event information such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings; app features or pages viewed; type of browser; and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with the Applications.
- (f) Google Analytics. This is used to collect information about how visitors use the Applications. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the Applications. The information collected is anonymous, including the number of visitors to the Applications, where visitors have come to the Applications from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
2. SOME OF THIS INFORMATION IS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE AND SOME IS NON-IDENTIFYING OR AGGREGATED
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- ElParking enables you to see and control the information we collect by providing access to in-app privacy settings in the Applications, device permissions, in-app ratings pages and marketing opt-outs.
- ElParking collects and may use the information for, among others, the following purposes:
- To enable users to browse and access customized information and content available on the Site and Applications, including customized promotional or advertising campaigns for Services offered by ElParking, its affiliates or third-party related companies. The Services and products offered on the Site and Applications are for value and you may choose to contract any of them.
- To communicate with you, we may, from time to time, send you e-mail about your account with us (if you have one), orders or pricing changes. We may also send you e-mail with general information or special offers about products and services that may be of interest to you or ask you to complete surveys that we use for internal research. You may elect not to receive emails from us, other than automated service messages pertaining to the information you may have requested (i.e. confirming reservations, real-time status, availability). When you have consented to receive marketing material from us, ElParking will collect data on the category and location at which you have made the request in order to send you marketing communications which match your preferences. If you wish to change your preferences about your data or how we contact you should do the following: once logged in to the Site or the Applications, you can view the personal information stored by ElParking by clicking on the "Account” going to “Configuration” and then “Privacy and Customisation” and making the changes you wish.
- Solving your questions or issues and responding to your questions. If you contact us with a problem or question, we may use your information to respond to that request and solve your problem or question.
- Communications through the Applications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through the Applications using in-app push notifications or other in-product messaging tool.
- To produce user/consumption profiles based on browsing and traffic data to offer users customized and personalized information, promotions or advertising, and to meet specific user requests in this respect.
- To develop statistical processing, or to produce market research studies to improve knowledge around consumer habits and profiles of users that browse the on the Site and/r Applications.
- To identify risks around the choices you make in relation to the collection of your personal information and user rights (including encryption and other processing of personal data), and to apply relevant and convenient security, technical and/or organizational measures.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity. We may use your information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
4. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy:
- (a) Through our Services. Here are some of the ways in which we may share your information (including your personal information):
- i. With public and private owners, lessors, contractors, managers, agents, customer services, or operators of the parking spots to enable them to provide the services you request.
- ii. With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us or with whom you choose to let us share information;
- iii. With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts that are viewable by the general public;
- (b) Other important sharing. Here are some ways we may also share your information:
- i. With members of our corporate group within or outside the United States, including ElParking Internet S.L. subsidiaries and affiliated or unaffiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- ii. In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- iii. With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of use, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ElParking or others;
- iv. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- v. If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- vi. In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Applications and Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
5. DATA RETENTION
ElParking, either directly or indirectly through other company within the ElParking corporate group, may keep the personal data of users of the Site and Applications irrespective of whether these users use any of the Services.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES: CHOICE AND TRANSPARENCY
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccurate information that ElParking has about you. You can make these requests by contacting us by email at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In any case, ElParking may prevent the use of the Site, the Applications and Services, associated content and features, in case you do not accept this Policy, or do not consent to the processing of your personal information as set out in this Policy. The acceptance of this Policy is independent to the possible acceptance of the specific legal terms and conditions that may govern the access or use from within the United States and its territories and possession, of the Site, content, products, Applications and the Services.
7. SECURITY: KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
We maintain technical and organizational measures intended to protect the personal information we obtain about you through the Site and the Applications against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, destruction or damage. However, you must be aware that despite these security measures on internet are not, in any way, completely secure, and is limited to the state of the art technology at any given time and to the cost of implementation of these measures.
No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure or error free. Therefore, ElParking cannot guarantee absolute security of your information when using the Services. In particular, ElParking does not guarantee that unauthorized third parties may not acquire knowledge of the class, conditions, characteristics and circumstances of your Internet usage or that such third party be prevented from accessing and, where applicable, intercepting, deleting, altering, modifying or manipulating in any way the content and all kinds of communications that you transmit, share, store, make available, receive, obtain or access via the Services.
ElParking may use certain trusted third parties to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our services. These third parties will access your information only to perform tasks on our behalf and in compliance with this Policy.
8. MODIFICATION OF THE PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
ElParking may from time to time modify this Policy. If we make significant changes we will notify you of the changes through the Applications, the Site or through other means, including email if you are a registered user of the Site or Applications, or posting the revised policy on the Applications or Site. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this Policy. In any case, we recommend that each time you access the Applications or the Site you read this Policy in detail for the latest information on our privacy practices as any modification will be included therein.
ElParking does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Site or the Applications nor to submit any personal information to the Site or the Applications. Since ElParking does not collect information regarding children under the age of 13, ElParking does not knowingly use or distribute personal information regarding children under the age of 13. If ElParking obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database, and any associated accounts will be terminated.
10. COOKIES POLICY
Individuals can be associated with online identifiers downloaded by their devices, applications, tools, and protocols such as internet protocol addresses, session identifiers in the form of “cookies” or other identifiers, such as radio frequency identification tags. Such identifiers can leave traces that, in particular, when combined with unique identifiers and other data received by servers, can be used to produce profiles of individuals and to identify them.
10.1 Are cookies used on the Site? What are they?
10.2 What type of cookies does the Site use?
Cookies can be first-party cookies or third-party cookies. First -party cookies are those that are sent or used on the user's terminal equipment from the website (editor) who manages them. Third-party cookies are those that are sent or used on the user's terminal equipment from other domains or equipment that is not managed by the website (editor), but by another company that processes the data obtained from the cookies.
Cookies can also be session or persistent. Session cookies obtain and store data while the user accesses the Site for the provision of the service requested and they expire after the user closes the browser. Persistent cookies store data on the user's terminal that can be accessed and processed during a period until the cookies expire or the user deletes the cookies.
Cookies can also be functionality cookies. These cookies allow the user to browse the Site and use the services available on the Site. For example, these cookies allow the editor to control the traffic and the communication of data, to identify the session, to access features with restricted access, to remember elements that involve a contractual request, to use secured elements when browsing, to store content to share videos or sound or to share content on social networks.
Cookies can also be personalized or configuration cookies, referring to those that allow the user to access the services available on the Site with some predefined characteristics according to certain criteria associated with the user’s terminal. For example, type of browser used to access the service, regional settings where the service is being accessed from, etc. Equally, these cookies can have a statistical or informative purpose for the editor regarding the specific use that users carry out on the editor’s platform and of the content or Services available on such platform.
Here is a SUMMARY TABLE on the specific cookies that ElParking currently uses on the Site:
|Advertising||__gads||doubleclick.net||6 months||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Advertising||IDE||doubleclick.net||2 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Advertising||cto_lwid||doubleclick.net||1 year||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Advertising||DSID||doubleclick.net||6 months||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Session||PHPSESSID||elparking.com||In each session||Cookie to track PHP sessions|
|External||__stripe_mid||elparking.com||1 year||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||_csrf||elparking.com||In each session||Cookie to detect identity theft in requests.|
|Analytics||_dc_gtm_UA-62450334-3||elparking.com||1 minute||Cookie for Google Tag Manager.|
|Analytics||_ga||elparking.com||2 years||Used to distinguish between users.|
|Analytics||_gat_UA-62450334-3||elparking.com||10 minutes||Cookie for Google Tag Manager.|
|Analytics||_gid||elparking.com||1 day||Google cookie. Used to distinguish between users.|
|Session||fonce_current_user||elparking.com||30 minutes||Cookie for Google Analytics.|
|Session||fonce_current_day||elparking.com||30 minutes||Cookie for Google Analytics.|
|Session||i18next||elparking.com||In each session||Cookie to identify the user's language|
|Analytics||1P_JAR||google.com||6 months||Cookie used by Google to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with maps from Google Maps.|
|Analytics||APISID||google.com||2 years||Google cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Advertising||AID||google.com||2 years||Google cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||CONSENT||google.com||Never||Google cookie to verify consent to use Google account data in another application.|
|External||DV||google.com||6 months||Cookie used by Google to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with maps from Google Maps.|
|Advertising||DSID||google.com||6 months||Google cookie. Used to distinguish between users.|
|Analytics||G_ENABLED_IDPS||google.com||Never||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||HSID||google.com||2 years||They contain encrypted and digitally signed records of the most recent login time and a user's Google Account ID.|
|External||NID||google.com||2 years||Cookie used by Google to store user preferences and information when viewing pages with maps from Google Maps.|
|Advertising||OTZ||apis.google.com||1 month||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Session||SIDCC||google.com||Never||They contain encrypted and digitally signed records of the most recent login time and a user's Google Account ID.|
|Session||SSID||google.com||2 years||They contain encrypted and digitally signed records of the most recent login time and a user's Google Account ID.|
|Analytics||_ga||stripe.com||2 years||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||__stripe_orig_props||stripe.com||1 year||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||cid||stripe.com||10 minutes||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||country||stripe.com||Never||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||machine_identifier||stripe.com||Never||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||machine_identifier||stripe.com||Never||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Session||private_machine_identifier||stripe.com||10 days||Stripe cookie. Used to identify a user during financial and payment transactions.|
|Analytics||TSNGUID||newrelic.com||1 year||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||_ga||newrelic.com||2 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||_gid||newrelic.com||1 day||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||__qca||newrelic.com||1 month||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||__ar_v4||newrelic.com||6 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||_mkto_trk||newrelic.com||1 year||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||ajs_*_id||newrelic.com||1 year||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||ei_client_id||newrelic.com||1 year||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||intercom-id-cyym0u3i||newrelic.com||20 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||login_service_login_newrelic_com_tokens||newrelic.com||20 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||optimizelySegments||newrelic.com||10 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||optimizelyEndUserId||newrelic.com||10 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||optimizelyBuckets||newrelic.com||10 years||Cookie to analyze how websites are used.|
|Analytics||fr||facebook.com||10 days||Facebook cookie to monitor traffic.|
|Analytics||datr||facebook.com||10 days||Facebook cookie to monitor traffic.|
|Analytics||sb||facebook.com||10 days||Facebook cookie to monitor traffic.|
The information obtained from cookies that are used on the Site can be used, both by ElParking or by a third party that provides a service to ElParking.
10.4. How to Manage and Configurate your Cookie Preferences
On the Site: by modifying your browser, including its blocking, which will depend on the browser installed in your computer. Below is information on how to manage cookies through the following links:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
10.5. Updates to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
The effective date of this Privacy is October 5 2020.